Saturday, May 29, 2004

 

Welcome

It appears as though everyone needs a blog, so why should this writer buck a trend? I'd like to start by displaying a picture of everyone's favorite village idiot:



If only he could erase his spoken words so easily, to save us all so much embarrassment. Things like:

"Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious - I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well." -George W. Bush, June 4, 2001



Perhaps I have not said much thus far, but the facts above speak for themselves. Unfortunately, the "leadership" of our great country is leading us on a haphazard path to oblivion. Our children are dying at an alarming rate overseas in a war upon a concept. It is as impossible to have a war on terrorism as it is to have a war on drugs or poverty. We need a tangible enemy to vanquish in our struggle to maintain the freedoms and economic prosperity we all hold dear. Is Saddam evil? Probably without any doubt. Was he any more evil than any other puissant, pissant dictator that we have supported throughout the world and throughout history? Probably not. If we are to be led to war, we deserve the truth. It is true that the attack on September 11th changed this country, as Pearl Harbor did three generations ago. You can still see bullet holes in the buildings at Hickam Air Force Base, as I can still feel the black hole in my heart from 2001. Our current administration has done nothing to ameliorate the pain I feel. If anything, the blundering and bumbling of unrighteous indignation accompanied by the ignoble bloodbath of Iraq has only added to our fear and pain. As Ms. Garofalo has so eloquently stated, a vote to retain the Bush Misadministration in the White House amounts to nothing more than a character flaw. I love my country. I love freedom. There is no way I can support the Bush Administration. Perhaps we can sponser the "One President Left Behind Act".





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

judo
judo